Exit

Illustrator versions not working together

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope that someone can help me!

I am using the latest version of illustrator on my Dell laptop. My colleague works remotely and is using CS6.

I need to be able to save designs in a PDF format that she can open with her CS6 version, but it is not working.
I have tried to save as an illustrator file in the CS6 version, and also tick the box to to say PDF compatable file, but she still cannot open it but instead sees an error code.
Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to avoid saving PDF as the beautiful illustrator formatting is destroyed and converted to a difficult to edit   PDF.

Saving to CS6 should work, and you can actually uncheck the pdf compatible to make a much smaller file for transfer. What error codes is your colleauge getting? Fonts or linked images missing. There are only a few new features such as freeform gradients, variable type that would not work. 

The issue is most likely on your colleagues end, unless you are sending them the wrong file. To ensure add__CS6 to end of the filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only a few new features such as freeform gradients, variable type that would not work. 

By @Mike_Gondek

Let's not forget automatic corners for pattern brushes. The bad thing is: they get added to each new brush automatically. You have to turn them off after creating the new pattern brush.

And then: repeats.

When working in different version, these guides are a must: https://creativepro.com/photoshop-illustrator-and-indesign-new-features-guides-updated-for-2022/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Miss H5FBA,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share a few more details in addition to the ones asked by Mike and Monika:

• Screenshot of the error message
  • Where is the file saved on the other computer (Internal/External/Network drive or a Synced folder such as Creative Cloud/Google Drive/Dropbox)?
  • Would it be possible for you to share the download link to the file in which you are facing this issue here or via DM?
    To send a DM, click on my profile picture and then click on the "Send a Message" button to send the DM.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines