• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator very laggy after upgrade from CS to CC

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a document that worked just fine in old CS, in Illustrator CC I now get the beach-ball when changing a layer's visibility, etc. so I can hardly work, having to wait until Illustrator becomes responsive again.

I am not on a server network, using latest Intel based MacBook Pro.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the issue. It is the grid like other users reported. Extremely disapointing. I will miss deadlines now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac using version 260.1 of Adobe Illustrator 2022

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina)

16 gig Mid-2015 MacBook Pro 

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, SSD. 

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Prior to this version, the software worked fine, but now there's a significant lag between every action I make on a fresh document. Impossible to do any work on it. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. It turns out that I had changed my grid from lines to dots and that caused the major slowdown. This has got to be a bug. Going back to lines and performance is back to where I expect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I would request you to update your macOS to Big Sur to improve the performance of Illustrator. Many users have claimed that updating to macOS Big Sur has increased their GPU performance and helped resolve issues such as this. Let us know how it goes after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines