Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator very slow/laggy

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For about a week I have been experiencing very slow Illustator performance. I am a designer and work with print-ready files on a daily basis that can get as big as a wall. Lately even a simple 10"x10" file causes AI to stop working and graying out showing the "Not Responding" prompt whenever I try to add text, move an element, or basically performing any basic action like saveing/opening a new file. Can anyone please help fix this?

Using Adobe Creative Cloud with all updates to date (Illustrator v26.0.2)

I have an Alienware with 32GB RAM

WIN 11 Pro 64-bit (installed it about 3 weeks ago from WIN 10 Pro)

Core i7 8th Gen

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention this is on a company-provided laptop. Also, the lag lasts about a minute and does not completely crash the app. Juts lags every action I take and it's getting progressivley worse the longer I keep the app open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Does updating to v26.0.3 help resolve the slowness?
  • Does it lag while working on a specific file?
  • Where are your files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Also, would it be possible for you to share a sample document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or via DM. Click on my profile picture and click on the "Send a message" button to send a DM.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have not seen a reply to this, after a couple of days I reached out to my supervisor and a profesional was contracted to troubleshoot the issue, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry for the delayed response. Is the issue resolved now? If yes, do you know what happened & how they troubleshoot the issue?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes working well now. I did not ask how they troubleshoot, just happy I can resume working without going insane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the exact same issue and I wouild love to know what the troubleshooter did!  I have went through all of the Adobe troubleshooting and all that did was mess up my settings even more!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SCJoyceP,

Sorry to hear about this. I don' think OP knows what the troubleshooter did to fix the issue. I would like to know which troubleshooting steps did you tried? Also, I request you to share the information as asked above and share any critical information you would like to share with us. It would really help us understand your issue, and we can assist you accordingly.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines