Illustrator VS World of Warcraft

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With some frequency, when playign World of Warcraft while working on Illustrator 2022 my mac immediately turns off. It is not like an habitual crash, since nothing "crashes" as usual, just turns off.

When restarting, all apps reopen as if nothing happened. I don't lose any information or files. My mac just turns off. that's all.

This only happens when both WoW and illustrator are being active at the same time. I have no problem with any other combination of Blizzard and Adobe apps. There's a way to prevent this issue?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably some weird, deeply rooted bug in the hardware acceleration functions that would require to employ specialized tracing and debugging tools that's sending a specific function call into a black hole or causes GPU resources to run out. I'm not a Mac guy, but perhaps playing with your display settings can fix it. Enforcing a lower screen resolution to safe resources might have benefits just as may running the programs in windowed mode or on their own virtual desktops. It may just cost performance. Anyway, nothing is lost by trying.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also report this on  http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines