• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator WILL NOT LAUNCH on Apple Silicon

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for a few weeks. Trying to launch Illustrator 26.0.1 on Apple Silicon (I have tried both the Apple Silicon version and the Intel version). I don't get the splash screen. The menu at the top of the screen loads, and says "Illustrator," but all menu options are grayed out. I can't open a file by right-clicking in Finder and saying "Open with Illustrator". Illustrator freezes/crashes at this point and the only solution is to force quit via the Task Manager. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You maybe want to contact Customer Care so they can have a look into your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Please confirm the exact version of Illustrator and macOS
  • If you see the crash reporter dialog box, then please submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
  • Please share screenshots of your whole screen or a small video so we can see what exactly is happening after launching the Illustrator.
  • If you are using an external monitor with your Macbook, then disconnect them and see if it is working?
  • If you have an antivirus installed on your device, then add Illustrator as an exception in its setting.

Also, you may try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-crash-on-launch-in-illustrator/td-p/12213344). Additionally, you may also try the app in Safe Mode (Mac) & Root account (Mac) and share your observations with us.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines