Illustrator windows and tools scrambled after sleep (hide and seek tools)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new 16" Macbook pro (M1 pro). Switched from an intel iMac. Completely clean install on the new computer (didn't transfer any apps). I like to keep illustrator parked on my drawing screen.

Whenever the laptop sleeps the location of tools and workspace are scrambled into new locations upon wakeup (see before and after sleep images). Driving me crazy.... every time I try to do anything I have to search around for my pallets and tools. Each time things are moved into new and different locations like a game of hide and seek.  

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 4.31.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 4.31.58 PM.png

Illustrator 26.0.3

I have a Wacom Cintiq pro 24 as my 2nd monitor and I have encountered issues between adobe/ apple/ wacom drivers many times. This doesn't happen with the same monitor connected to my imac and it only happens with adobe software (illustrator primarily). 

Adobe customer support asked me to delete preferences, reinstall software. That does not help the issue. 

Any ideas?? 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MontyDraws,

do you have the chance to try to connect your Macbook to another monitor and check if the problem persists?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not able to try that. However, going the other direction the monitor is fine plugged into my older imac. 

Tried a new cable just now and that didn't help. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MontyDraws,

thank you for your answer and for trying other solutions. By chance, do these problems also occur with other software?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens also with Photoshop, indesign and the newest After Effects (updated yesterday). It does not happen to any non-adobe software. Only adobe apps have this issue. 

I've been searching around for answers to this and see hundreds of people having the same issue on here. It is making working within this software extremely tedious. 

Thanks for any help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's mac OS 12.3 and Illustrator 26.1 update does not fix this problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are countless threads in Apple's forums about this kind of ongoing issue for years. People report it happening with all kinds of software.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still trying to solve this and discovered something odd that only effects adobe software and my 2nd monitor. 

I've been playing around with different display settings and moving the display alignment moves adobe windows on my 2nd monitor (but can not be repeated with non adobe apps). 

I've tried every combination of making my 2nd monitor the main display, or extended and locking my apps to different monitors but none of that changes anything. No part of what is on my 2nd screen is on the main monitor either.

This isn't exactly what happens after restart or sleep but it is kind of similar in that the main window moves around (though usually it moves part way on to the other screen). I feel like that might be a connection here but nothing I can think of changes or fixes things. 

displayposiiton.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines