Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Windows Print Settings

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a question about Illustrator print settings. I have a Canon Pixma TS9550 printer and am using a Windows laptop (Microsoft Surface Laptop). When printing a file from Photoshop, I can choose "Printer Manages Colors" under Color Management like below.

Photoshop_print.png

I've had great colour results with this setting, and would like to do the same or an equivalent in Illustrator too, but I'm struggling to make that work. 

In Illustrator, there doesn't seem to be one simple setting like in Photoshop. Instead, there is "Let PostScript printer determine colors"as explained under "Let your printer manage colors when printing" here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/printing-color-management.html

So I installed a printer driver (Canon Generic Plus PS3) that is compatible with the printer. I'm using the following with the printer driver and a corresponding PPD file, but the printer won't print anything...

Adobe illustrator print.png

Does this printer setting seem right to you (as in, it might just be a printer issue) or is there something off in the settings I'm using? Are there any other ways to handle printing similar to Photoshop's "Printer Manages Colors" in Illustrator?

Thank you!

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Hello @rioriorios,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly follow these steps to re-install the drivers for your Canon Printer:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @rioriorios,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly follow these steps to re-install the drivers for your Canon Printer:

Kindly try printing via Illustrator thereafter and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines