• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator won't come to front - Mac M1

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Illustrator on my M1 and previously on my Intel iMac all I'd have to do is click the top bar to get into Illustrator, but now when I do this, Illustrator DOES become the app in focus but all of my other windows are on TOP of Illustrator, if that makes sense. Here is a screen recording: https://www.loom.com/share/f98af22d8e354e2283ad6fb0297e9788

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @TommyOwenDesign,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are experiencing an issue with Illustrator on your new M1 Mac. The screen recording link has expired. However, as you described, Illustrator is not taking focus when you click on it, and other windows remain on top of it.

This issue could be related to the way macOS is handling application windows on M1 Macs. The behavior you are experiencing is quite unusual. To further investigate this issue, please try booting into the system safe mode (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh21245/mac) and launch Illustrator first and open other apps one by one to see if the issue persists. This will help us determine if the issue is related to third-party applications or system settings. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this issue and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines