• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator won't open any Cloud files

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to open anything on Illustrator from the Cloud, it doesn't work. I have tried making it availible offline, and it doesn't do anything when I click to open, not in Illustrator, not in the Creative Cloud app. (I'm on a 2013 Macbook). No files I made open. There's no error messages or permissions messages, I just click and click and click and nothing happens. If I try and open from the creative cloud app directly, it just opens Illustrator and shows me the screen full of thumbnails that are still unclickable and unable to be opened even though they all have the little green checkmark. I'm really frustrated because I don't want to have everything stored on my computer anyway if I'm paying for storage on the Cloud.  

I want to say that I HAVE found a workaround (logging in on browser, finding file on browser, dowloading the file, and clicking directly from the browser download bar EVERY SINGLE time I want to open and edit a file) but I'd rather not have a workaround, I'd rather have a program that works. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system are you using?

Did this work before?

Are these old files? New files?

Does it work when you save a new simple file to the Cloud and then open it?

Did you already rebuild the preferences, logged out and then into your Cloud account?

Is the Creative Cloud app up to date?

What's in the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded whatever the website gave me like three weeks ago, I assume the newest version. I'm on Catalina 10.15.7. 

No, it has never worked. 

It's both files I create and files I scan and open in Illustrator to edit. 

No files have ever opened directly from the desktop applications, I've always had to go online and use the workaround to use the cloud. 

I have no idea what rebuilding preferences is. 

I just downloaded everyting and nothing has said it needed to be updated. I want to stress that everything is pretty newly downloaded and has never worked from the start. Being new to the program I don't have familiarity and I haven't tried to mess with any of the "factory settings" or whatever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title of your post suggests "Illustrator won't open" Creative Cloud-stored files, but it sounds more like you're having difficulty simply accessing Creative Cloud file storage from Illustrator.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/accessing-cc-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pointing out semantics isn't exactly helpful in this case. The link you shared doesn't say what to do if those things don't work, which is what I've described. As I understand it, I should be able to open something saved in the cloud without going to the browser version and downloading it, especially for a program that constantly runs in the background and I pay a montly subscription for. 

No matter, though. I've already given up and deleted the programs entirely. Paying that much a month for broken software isn't worth it to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I create a file on the desktop and save it to iCloud through the Illustrator save option.  I am then unable to load it again through the same interface.  I go to Open, Open from Creative Cloud and click on the file and nothing happens.  I have tried it through the Illustrator interface and going to Creative Cloud, My Files, and clicking on that.  All achieve the same result, which is that nothing happens.  

The only way I can find to open an iCloud file is to download the file and then import it into Illustrator.  

The files are very simple, with a few lines and nothing much else.  I am using Monterey with Illustrator 2022 and the latest Creative Cloud.  Logging out of Creative Cloud & Illustrator hasn't made a difference.

I have only been using the save to the cloud option for a month or so and am finding it so frustrating that it doesn't do what it says on the tin.  

I am sure there is a simple answer but I have no idea what it is.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iCloud file storage and Creative Cloud file storage are not the same service.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-creative-cloud-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No answers as far as I know. I got sick of it not working and moved on from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines