Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator won't open – constant rainbow wheel of death

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Illustrator has been crashing constantly recently and won't let me use it. It opens initially but then the rainbow wheel of death is just constant and I eventually have to force quit. It's been like this for about 2 weeks now, so whenever I need to use Illustrator I have to jump on my laptop. Very inconvenient!

Any ideas as to why this is, or how to fix? I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, restarted my machine and I've just updated it to the most recent 2022 version. Still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Sarah

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you would like Customer Care to have a look inside your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (chat is in the bottom right)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me, too. Right after I updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this kept happening over and over, even after restarting, I uninstalled the latest version and reverted back to the older one. There was nothing wrong with it anyway. I would recommend anyone having this issue to do the same until Adobe fixes their break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this good suggestion! Unfortunately I've tried uninstalling and then installing an older one and that's not worked either. The same problem happens 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi  @sarah_73 @jackbott,

We are sorry for the trouble. I assume that Illustrator gets frozen when creating a new document or opening an existing document. If yes, would you mind sharing a few more details like:

This information will help us investigate the issue further. We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines