• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator won't open: Error loading plugins Commenting .aip and UxpExtension.aip

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to follow the troubleshooting instructions, it doesn't work because it instructs me to go to folders/files that do not exist. It says I need to update or uninstall "/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2022/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Required/Plug-ins/Extensions/UxpExtension.aip" but I can't find the actual plugin because the is no "Contents" folder inside of Adobe Illustrator 2022. There is no Plugins folder, just a Plugins file that is also a dead end. I already tried: Uninstalling Illustrator, then deleting Adobe Illustrator files from Library/Preferences, then restart Macbook Pro 2019 (I'm still on Big Sur because whenever I try to install Monterey another error window pops up, but that's an issue for another day), and then reinstalling Illustrator (same problem of "Error loading plugins..." occurs, and doesn't allow me to open Illustrator). Please help, thank you! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Did you turn off antivirus when installing?

You might also contact Customer Care to log into your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines