• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator won’t open puppets

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else struggling with opening puppets from Adobe character animator since the update? Everything's up to date. But when I click "edit original nothing happens and when I try to open a puppet in illustrator I get an error message saying "unknown format". This used to always work. I'm using Windows 11 and any advice would be appreciated 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Revjay,

can you post a screenshot, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Revjay,

is there any news? Do you still need help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually having the same issue. I know that I used to edit puppets easily, but now, I cannot. No answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MaikeulP  schrieb:

I'm actually having the same issue. I know that I used to edit puppets easily, but now, I cannot. No answers?

Please tell us which puppets are concerned and what exactly is happening. Screenshots help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All puppets. I found an old .ai file I worked on before and am currently modifying that. I hope it can be iimported later. The issue is that when in the latest Adobe CA, the option to edit puppets in .ai is not there. Also, I cannot open the original .puppet file as an .ai file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As for the Character Animator side of this: please post to their forum. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

As for Illustrator not opening a puppet file, please upload an example file that you cannot edit, so that someone might test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines