• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator won't save brushes downloaded from Adobe Stock, shuts down after a few tries

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm sure there's an easy fix/I'm doing something wrong here... but I need help solving this quickly, as I have 8 Museum exhibition panels due on Monday.

I downloaded brushes files 328221185 and 80532736, and did the procedure to save the brushes as library. I saved them in \Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings\it_IT\x64\Pennelli ("pennelli" means "brushes" in Italian). In that same folder, btw, are all other brush sets I ever downloaded and I still use without problem. Then, I closed and restarted Illustrator, went to "user defined brushes" and clicked on one of the brush sets... which now sports the addition "converted" to the title and is empty. Same with the other brush set. After a few tries, Illustrator actually crashes!

What's going on? Am I missing something? 

Thank you for your assistance,

take care,

Ester

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't download the file myself to check these instructions, but it sounds like it might be caused by either an old file version or EPS.

I would try creating a new file, copying the brush objects from the stock file into that, then creating the brush library using the new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, thank you for your reply. I tried doing as you suggested but it doesn't work. Any other ideas? I really cannot figure out what is happening!

Thanks again,

Ester

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I can, since it's Adobe Stock and only downloadable with licence... I don't want to violate any rules 😅 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably correct, but I don't have other ideas. Perhaps someone with stock credits will see and investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a video about brushes.

So maybe it will help you to find out yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQEDBOeZso

Basically what you need to do is not load that file as a library, but take it out of that folder and then just open it in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot @Monika Gause! I tried but this method didn't work either. I'm stumped  😑  

I remain perplexed, as I thought files downloaded from Adobe Stock would have no bugs. I'll try working with something from other sources, while I try to figure this one out.

Thanks again, both @Monika Gause and @Doug A Roberts,

take care,

Ester

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly did you do to create a brush library?

Did you drag each brush object into the brushes panel, then save as a brush library from the panel menu?

I created a brush library from the first file, linked here. Seems to work fine:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dtq5l86K5LFOa-nvvq0sN2o5duhpPjrm/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Doug... wow, thanks a lot! That is so helpful, thank you, truly.

I did what I normally do with brush files, which is go on the  brushes panel and click "save brushes library" from the thee line menu or click "save brushes" from the books button on the bottom left. This works with every brush set I ever installed, so I'm confused why it didn't work for these ones. I also tried saving individual brushes, but nothing came of it... Again, I'm probably just too dense to understand what I was doing wrong, but thank you a lot, your library worked just fine and I was able to install it!

God bless you 🙏 

Ester

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines