• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IllustratorGc.jsx script error while launching Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated this morning to Illustrator 25.3 - as soon as the update was done this scripting error began appearing (every 30 seconds). .. Personally went back to 25.2.3 which has solved this issue. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.01.26 AM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

We are investigating this issue and reached out to Logitech for permanent solution. Meanwhile users can try the below workaround.

Create a JSX file with the following content:

app.preferences.setBooleanPreference("ShowExternalJSXWarning", false);

Save the above JSX file. Now, go to File > Scripts > Other Script, and choose the newly saved jsx file.

This will suppress the warning dialog and run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Hi all,

We hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, please update the logitech driver to latest version (9.40.75) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 187 Replies 187
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Comunity, 

since a few days I receive that message from illustrator everytime I switch tabs and go back. There is a link in the dialog box (https://helpx.adobe.com/de/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/automation-scripts.ug.html), unfortunately it did not help either. Super frustrating, I cant work properly with that message popping up every second. 

The message says: 

You are about to run the script contained in the file "IllustratorCc.jsx. Are you sure you want to proceed? See "More information" to learn how to use scripts in Illustrator and disable this message.

thank you in advance 

Vincent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn it, of course! Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the solutions in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

So I just fixed this error by manually downloading an update for Logi Options via their website. It sounds like many of you have the same issue in that the app says "No Software Updates" when you search for them. However, if you go here:

https://www.logitech.com/en-in/product/options

Then click:

"Looking for another version?"

It will smart search what you need and hopefully offer an update like it did me. After installing and restarting my computer, I have not had this error.

Best,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yep, I did download from that website.

Do you know which version in particular I should look for?
I’ve found temporary success in turning off application specific settings, but I do like the customisation I’ve made for myself so would prefer if I didn’t have to turn it off haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's sounds super frustrating! It's version 8.54.147. Hopefully this helps, that would be super annoying to not have your customizations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same thing! It has made design nearly impossible. I updated the app for my Logi mouse and the fix didn't work. I restarted the computer. Still an issue. I'm going insane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out! No amount of updating or uninstalling worked. However, in Logi Options, the box for "Create custom settings for specific applications" was enabled by default. I toggled off the button for Application Specific Settings, and the annoying notice is gone in Illustrator. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 6.50.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did the same and works for me.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly it.

Many thanks for this answer.

An outdated version is just not the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade the ai to version 25.2.3 works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me too. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not be marked at solved.

Updating Logi Options to the latest version does not work.

Any chance of an actual explanation as to why this occurs? Or an actual solution on Adobe's part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this error for a week and I have Logi Options installed for my MX 3 Mac mouse.

Having read a few threads, I have managed to fix using the same process for Logi Options issues in Photoshop.

Open Logi Options, navigate to the 'All Applications' tab, from the drop down list do either of these;

If Illustrator is missing add it to the list, then open Illustrator, this was my problem and once added its fixed the script issue.

If Ilustrator is listed, delete it (first make a note of customisations you have set up, as you will need to put them back afterwards). Open and close Illustrator, go back to Logi Options and add Illustrator back (plus any customs keys), again it should be fixed.

There have been many issues with Photoshop for months with Logi Options until somone tried this simple fix, it works for most people with Photshop looks like it could do the same with Illustrator.  Logitech cleary have problems when upgrading and linking to Adobe products, this process clears out unwanted Logi Options files and puts new ones back in the right places. Takes 5 mins to give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure this out?

I'm having the same issue and have tried re-updating to the latest logi options...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! how do i disable this from popping up everytime i open an illustrator file! it's crazy. If you hit "Cancel" it pops right back up in a few seconds.

Disable-this-please.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting this IllustratorGc.jsx error .. any fixes please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this mega-topic staff have been compiling on this subject:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustratorgc-jsx-script-error-while-launching-illustrato...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

This issue is not solved, however there are 3 different links to troubleshooting articles/workarounds that do not solve the problem that have been marked as the "solution". This is discouraging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As staff haven't provided any more avenues or information, all I can do is direct people to the information here.

Staff appear to think it is 'resolved' by updating the Logitech software:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43691253-script...

If this is not the case, I think @Srishti Bali and/or @Ashutosh_Mishra will need to know what versions of this software you're using and feed this back to the development team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many people in this thread state, the issue is not 'resolved' by updating the Logitech software. 

The issue still occurs with Adobe Illustrator and Logi Options both fully up to date.

If the next step is for Staff to collect additional information then can that be mobilised?

It feels like we're constantly tapping these developers on the shoulder to get them to do something to make their software work. Users are paying for something that they can't use. It's infuriating that nothing is happening and nobody is listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the next step is for Staff to collect additional information then can that be mobilised?

By @halogen88

That's up to them I guess. Hopefully they're reading all this. I have one more avenue I can use to 'tap them on the shoulder', which I will use now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@halogen88 We need to your help to investigate this issue further. I would request if you could share a small screen recording of the issue along with the driver versions and logitech options app or web cam installed on your machine.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines