• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ilustrator keeps crashing

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Illustrator and it keeps crashing out of nowhere on my PC (Windows 11, fairly modern machine, i9 10900k,64 GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3080ti).

It just closes on its own and made me lose my work twice this week, starting to get so annoying.

Dont know if its here where I must post this so that I can get some help, about right now I've just lost 2 hours of work and it is gonna delay my work for the classes tasks of this week.

Have done some researching and reading about this kind of issues. In my case there is no autosave file, Illustrator  doesnt starts with an autosave file or anything on that direction, seems there is completely no sign of the file I was working on again, therefore consider it lost too.

Was wondering where can I get some help for this to keep it from happening.

Thanks in Advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual crash info nobody can tell you much, especially if it's so random. That in itself could suggest that the issue is not at all related to AI but rather a combination of circumstances liek components going into sleep/ power saving modes, your graphics driver crashing or otehr such stuff. Only the crash info can at least offer some clue about what may be going on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. Actually is not so random, I was doing a very specific task related to "repeats" on Illustrator, using the "repetition" tool. I believe having a few active modules with the repeat tool activated, it was caused the issue. The Ram memmory collapsed for some reason when I zoomed in and a second after Ilustrator crashed with no sign, which by the way makes me wonder How do I get any crash info report if as I said, it crashes on its own with no crash report or anything, just closes.

After posting that here the other day, after a million crashes I was able to get the "send to adobe" window when it crashed so I did send it. Anyway thanks for yur advice much apreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Bioshhart ,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Please confirm if there was a recent change made to your system (OS Update/Antivirus/Plug-Ins).
  • Exact version of Illustrator.
  • If it crashes again, I would request you submit the crash report as suggested above by following these steps:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/in/Illustrator/kb/submit-crash-reports.html
    While submitting the crash, report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also it seems that AutoSave is disabled in Illustrator's preferences. Please enable it here: Preferences > File Handling & Clipboard or press Ctrl/Cmd+K and let us know if it gives you the option to recover the files you were working on.

recover_illustrator_files_after_crash_manage_settings.png.img.png

You can also find the detailed steps here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi the version was the latest on that very day when I posted my message, it has updated after that so not sure whats the version now.

I submitted the information everytime it gave me the chance to do so, thing is the 99'9% of the times it crashed, it wouldnt let me submit anything, just poofed out no error, no nothing.

Checked on the autosave method, as said in my case at least, the program wasnt fetching/recoverying any kind of autosaved file regardless of having it turned on at option panel...

Think it was a mixture of different things, the repeat tool is obviously bugged. I had to send my teacher a GIF file, where I showed them there was a glitch when use repeat for the modules, to create paterns from a single squared design. When did the repetitions, they looked OK, but if I zoomed in/out the program acted like the square repetitions were not joining perfectly, like there was a small distance between them, like a thin line thin as a hair that would appear and disappear depending on how yu zoom in or out. 

I think my issue came from zooming into the modules when used repeat, this glitch with the repeat tool to create patterns, screwed up my graphics and ram and made Ilustrator crash. I hope Adobe fixes that soon.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines