• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image trace crashing illustrator 2022

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2022 keeps crashing when i use image trace. I've tried closing all other files that are open, I've tried putting the images I'm trying to trace into a separate file and it keeps happening. I need to trace hand drawn art regularly and it's made using illustrator totally insufferable. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the specifications of the computer, especially RAM

How large is the image?

WHich settings do you use for tracing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 3 black and white png images, 11"x17". First 2 images traced ok, then when I would hit 'preview' when I got to the 3rd it would crash every single time. This happens constantly, this was just an example of the most recent instance.

Here's the configuration of my iMac:

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.21.55 AM.png

These are the settings I tend to use when tracing these images:

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.23.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of these files?

11"x17" is quite large. If those are also 300 ppi or more they have an insane amount of pixels.

Then you also have that Noise setting that generates an insane amount of paths, so that is likely causing your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has only ever been an issue with the 2022 version of illustrator. All previous versions handled it just fine. These are black line drawings on white background created in Procreate. This last time the drawings were actually quite simple as well. Altogether probably less than 200 anchor points in the shapes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also I moved the 2 completed traces and the final image (the simplest of the 3) to a new file, then tried tracing it again and still the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. That happens every time that you use Image Trace or just with some files?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my comment above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines