• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image trace doesn't use the correct colors from swatches

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use image trace to limit an image to a certain set of colors. I've selected that folder of swatches in the image trace menu but the resulting artwork has completely different colors. I've attached an image to show this. Could someone help me figure out how to get this to use the colors from the swatches?

howls.PNG

swatches are on the left. artwork is in the middle. image trace options are on the right.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove all the other colors in your panel except the colors your want to use for image trace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There has been a bug in the last several versions preventing the use of document library colours as a tracing palette:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41357896-can-t-...

You can get around it by saving your document swatches as a swatch library, loading that, then using it as the trace palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines