• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images are not linking

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I place an image, I click the "link" image button. When I save the file, I click the "link" images button. But then when I reopen the same file, none of the images are linking (they just come in as empty squares without the x mark). What gives? (I'm using CC2017)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the first time you do it, the image(s) come(s) in fine - you can see it/them.

If so, I have to assume you're linking off of a remote server, usb - i.e. not your computer.

Try putting the links in the same folder as your Illy file. (I'm not sure if aliases work, but try it if you have a bunch of images used on different files that you don't want to move around - but I think they do need to be on your computer, not remote).

Also, there's an issue with an overly long path to the image, it's on the forum somewhere - not applicable to me so I didn't retain the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you save the file, don't click the "Include linked imges" button, because that will cause the files to be embedded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines