• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Implanting a logo page in Word

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I designed a logo and also a logo page in Illustrator. How do I plant the logo page in a word file to use it? The logo page has the logo at the top and the address at the bottom. And in the middle of a watermark drawing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save as your design from illustrator to be PDF, then open the PDF on acrobat, file> export as> word document

you will have the header and footer correctly on the word page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the parts of the artwork in a file format that works in this situation. Then set up a document in word with backgrounds, footer and header, text styles.

The export format you choose has to work for importing the artwork into word but also for the output when your client prints it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is the best format to use in Word (and PowerPoint) documents. 

Insert into the header (Insert tab) and background (Design tab).

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is the best format to use in Word (and PowerPoint) documents. 

By @Creamer Training

You can import EPS, SVG or PDF. What would be the reason why PNG is the best choice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are using a Mac?

On Windows (the majority of Word users):

• EPS is not a supported format (and doesn't support transparency).
  • PDF is not a "default" importable format. As a workaround, one can place it as an Object but it will rasterize--negating the benefit of the PDF. (PDFs stay vector on Mac but get converted to .emf files when transferred to Windows.)
  • SVG is supportable and should work fine, but it can sometimes be problematic in Word so I would hesitate to give one to a client. 

For the OPs purpose, I would say still PNG would be the best option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the specification.

I also think that PNG is the best option when you weigh easy handling against quality.

What would be the issues with SVG? Would they also be a problem when you give your clients Office templates that already have the SVG placed inside?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically, SVG should work perfectly. I've seen some complaints about it being distorted but those issues could have been resolved with updates. (I don't test it regularly.)

I would try it. It's easy enough to export the AI file as both SVG and PNG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, the main benefit of SVG is that it will be vector vs. PNGs raster format.

Word has an on-and-off-again problem with exporting documents with SVG graphics to PDF. Currently, it is broken and the SVG is rasterizing (on my system). (It displays as vector directly in Word.)

With enough resolution in the PNG, there would be little benefit if printing the letter. If making a PDF, the only major benefit would be when viewing part of the PDF full width on a large monitor. When giving files to a client, I usually opt for the one that gives me the least trouble but meets their needs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was doing some tests with both PDF and SVG. As mentioned, PDF's are coverted to .emf, but they were still vector in my test, but since .emf is not a very robust format, I wouldn't depend on it for accurate reproduction down the road. As far as SVG, I found Word saves BOTH a rastered .png alongside an .svg file in its media folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the decades, I've sought out any option that would preserve vector constructs in an Illustrator-to-Office workflow, saving the too-popular (IMO) PNG as a very last resort.

For a very long time (on the Windows platform), Office OLE conventions offered Paste Special > Metafile options that worked well in nearly every case for me, anyway. As one might expect, most live effects, meshes, etc., would choke it out, but basic and expanded (in the Illustrator sense) vectors most always survived the trip. Paste Special is gone now, as are most of my Illustrator-to-Office workflow needs, but a couple of quick tests just now in the latest versions of Illustrator and Word delivered vectors to Word with simple and straight Copy/Paste. In light of that, I'd recommend always at least trying that before resorting to rasterizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would divide the parts of the word page.

For the watermark, PNG is the best. The address, if it's just a text line, you can better type directly in Word, in its footer.

For the header logo, there are some options. You can use PNG, but in this case, you have to set the image size precisely to keep the best quality. You can also export the logo to EMF/WMF, they are native office vector formats and look very good when you change their size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines