Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import artboard/slices/imagemaps AND titles from text file

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe-community,

i need to design around ~300 unique icons, for an ecommerce shop category tree (1 category = 1 icon). The category tree (titles) still exists, so the artboard titles needs to be identical to the category title. 

I've rudimentary tried different approaches via slices and imagemaps or artboard. But first i'm absolutly unsure which approach would be best practise and much more i'am looking for an easy workaround, how to build the different layers, depending on the category title :((((

Can anyone of you, give me just a little idea how to do this???!

Thanks a lot 🙂 Best Stephan

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Hello Stefan, maybe this script is useful for you. Check out the demo video ArtboardsFromCSV: https://youtu.be/SivcMnrFOQg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One approach (if I understand your needs correctly) would be for a script to create artboards names after records in a data file, eg. a csv file (ie. a text list in this case, because there'd be only one field per record), something like this:

Räume
Räume>Tiefgarage
Räume>Eingang-Flur-Treppenhaus
Räume>Wohnen
Räume>Küche
Räume>Essbereich
Räume>Badezimmer
Räume>Schlafzimmer
Räume>Kinder-Jugendzimmer
Räume>Outdoor-Eingang
Räume>Rund-ums-Haus
Räume>Terrasse-Beet
Räume>Praxis/Büro
Räume>Hotel
Räume>Shop
Räume>Gastronomie
Räume>Möbel
Räume>Lager-Hallen
Räume>Display-Ausstellung
Räume>Smart-Home-Funk
Räume>Fluchtwege-Brandschutz
Sale
Sale>Aktion
Sale>B-Ware
Sale>Restposten
Sale>Restposten>Leuchtenschirme
Sale>Restposten>Pendelleuchten
Sale>Restposten>Aixlight-Pendant-System

I would sanitize the text to remove some characters to make sure you can use these names comfortably in a URL or file name. They'd be hierarchical, using a delimiter between levels (I've used ">" but not sure if that's safest). You could then export the artboards using the artboard names.

I think someone will have scripts that do both of these tasks, so I'll wait to see what people have. Or they may have a better way. Maybe a professional product?

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, thanks for your quick response 🙂

Yes, that's something i thought about!! If someone can code a script like this, import an artboard collection, named by the csv titles (no hierarchical depth needed => one csv row => one artboard) pls contact me. If you can code this for AI 27 Mac (don't know if there is a difference Win/Mac) within an appropriate effort, pls send me a pm. I'd also attach these script to this thread for similar requests.

thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stefan, maybe this script is useful for you. Check out the demo video ArtboardsFromCSV: https://youtu.be/SivcMnrFOQg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sergey,

perfect :))))) Exactly the script that i was looking for!!! Thanks a lot!!

Don't know, if it's allowed in this forum but definitly a recommendation to buy => https://gum.co/abfromcsv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines