Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importer PNG dans Illustrator crash

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous,

Jusqu'à il y a peu je ne rencontrais pas de difficulté à importer un fichier .png dans Illustrator pour le vectoriser (logo par exemple).

Mais depuis un mois ce problème persiste. Je peux importer des .jpg mais pas .png. Quand j'essaie d'importer des .png il ne se passe rien.

Merci d'avance pour vos réponses ! (j'ai déjà redémarrer le PC et désinstaller réinstaller Illustrator sans réparation du bug).

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Hello @Nicolas271245984id9@Flore_Koncepterie,

Sorry for the late response. This is a known issue in Illustrator 25.4.8.
I would request you update the OS on your computer to install the latest version of Illustrator and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact system info and crash logs we can't tell you much. As a start I'd check the PNGs in Phortoshop and re-save them, in particular to strip metadata and potentially problematic color profiles. Anything more will require some more specific information about the nature of the PNGs and your system.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the PNG possibly 16-bit from a cell phone? Open in Photoshop and resave as 8-bit and see if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Nicolas271245984id9,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Larry helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share some more information, like the exact version of the OS and Illustrator installed on your computer, system configuration (CPU/GPU/Memory), and a screen recording of the problem, as suggested by Mylenium, so that we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macbook air 2017 and mac OS : mojave version 10.14.6

Illustrator version 25.4.8

Capture d’écran 2022-11-15 à 10.28.27.png

When I try to place a PNG in Illustrator, nothing happened. Before I can do it easily.

Video screen link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fiyzg3VrqFoJcMLiFAMfncz3sYYhEBTR/view?usp=share_link

Thanks for your help ! I hope we can fix the bug.

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Nicolas271245984id9@Flore_Koncepterie,

Sorry for the late response. This is a known issue in Illustrator 25.4.8.
I would request you update the OS on your computer to install the latest version of Illustrator and share your observations.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody !
Thank you  @Nicolas271245984id9  for your question, I have exactly the same problem for 1 or 2 months.
I tried the solution proposed by @Larry G. Schneider but it still does not work.
Currently I need to convert all PNG to JPEG if I want to open them in Illustrator.

I have Illustrator version 25.4.8 on a Macbook Pro MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Anyone find a solution to this problem?
Thanks for your help !

Flore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines