Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing PDF plots in Illustrator taking too long and does not edit

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am working with the latest version of Illustrator AI2022(V26.3.1) on Windows 10. I am new to Illustrator . I am trying to compile and create scientific figures for publication. 

I am not able to import the PDF plots in illustrator either using place command or opening as pdf file . 

It starts to run as " Reading PDF files" , but towards the end slows down with AI becoming non responsive. 

I am trying to import from Network drive and pdf file opens in microsoft edge. 

The pdf file is attached for clarity. 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening the document as single pages..?

I can see that the 3rd page has a lot of detail to it so it may struggle with that one.

What are you wanting to do once opened in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
Yes I tried to open single page. I would like to import page 4 , the volcano plot. Once opened I would like to arrange the X,Y axis and format the legend. This is for a scientific article.

Thanks,
Akanksha

Akanksha Bafna, Post-Doctoral Training Fellow (Nolan lab)

[cid:image007.png@01D4BF96.A7C39780] [cid:image008.jpg@01D4BF96.A7C39780] [cid:image009.png@01D4BF96.A7C39780] <>
Advancing medicine and knowledge through the discovery and investigation of mouse models of human disease

This email may have a PROTECTIVE MARKING, for an explanation please see: https://mrc.ukri.org/about/information-standards/document-marking-policy/ <>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines