• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing purchased patterns into Illustrator 2022/2023?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import purchased patterns into Illustrator 2022/2023? Or any pattern swatch for that matter. How do I incorporate them into the patterns folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am so sorry, didn't know that. But I appreciate others' input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on a Pattern Swatch should add it to your document's Swatches panel. If you wanted to edit the swatch, double-click it to open Pattern Editing mode where you have many ways of modifying it.

Patterns can not be put into a "folder" (called a color group)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the file (illustrator) it has it’s own swatches panel. I can’t figure out how to move it or copy it into my default set This should be easy but it is befuddling me big time.

Isaiah 55:8-9, “‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’” (NIV)

Elizabeth Casteel

[personal and commercial information removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are patterns they should be visible in your swatches panel.

If they are looking like a pattern, but are on the artboard, you could select them (one at the time) and choose Object > Pattern > Make.

Another option is to select one and drag it to the Swatches panel, but check if that will give you the correct result when you use the resulting pattern in a shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did someone just remove me from the community? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being that you can post, I doubt you have been removed. Your post was moved to the Illustrator community--it was posted in the wrong area for your question.

I removed your personal and commercial information. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines