• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing user defined color swatches from alias files consistently crashes Illustrator.

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep and alias of my ASE files with Illustrator's Presets > Swatches folder for easy access. I use an alias because I ofetn have to adjust the color pallettes, and having to chnage multiple files can result in mistakes.

Just switched to a new MBP M1 Max running Monterey 12.4 — and now when I try to load my ASE files from the presets folder, Illustrator cashes every time. But if I load the same files NOT from an alias, they load correctly. Before I switched machines, using the same version of Illustrator, I could load swatches from teh alias in the presets folder with no problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Hello @Sosebot, sorry to hear about this experience. As pointed out by Monika, newer versions of macOS have several checks in place to avoid issues. You may try the following steps to grant Illustrator Full Disk Access and share your observations:

• Add Illustrator to Full Disk Access under System Preferences
    AnubhavMajumder_0-1658858214979.png
    Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Full Disk Access > Check Adobe Illustrator. It will ask you to quit Illustrator and relaunch it again.

Also, try running Illustrator under

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer macOS have locked up everything. Does Illustrator have full disk access? Are these folders unlocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sosebot, sorry to hear about this experience. As pointed out by Monika, newer versions of macOS have several checks in place to avoid issues. You may try the following steps to grant Illustrator Full Disk Access and share your observations:

• Add Illustrator to Full Disk Access under System Preferences
    AnubhavMajumder_0-1658858214979.png
    Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Full Disk Access > Check Adobe Illustrator. It will ask you to quit Illustrator and relaunch it again.

Also, try running Illustrator under the root user account and let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked — thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines