• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

impossible to vectorise photoshop files - what a mess!

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wasted 2 hrs, to realise Adobe dropped the ball with the Creative Cloud. 

It is simply impossible to bring a PS ipad file, straight into a new Ai (illustrator) file and expect to be able to use the pattern option in Illustrator!

Pattern ption works if you bring same file in as a photofile - waht a pain and waste of my time!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of your problem file and describe what exactly you have been doing step by step and what did not work?

Please do also quote the exact error messages.

PSD files can be incredibly complex, so it would be important to know what exctly is in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your frustrated description of the problem is a bit rushed and not so easy to understand. That said, I've never attempted what you seem to be describing, so there could be things I don't know about it.

It is simply impossible to bring a PS ipad file, straight into a new Ai (illustrator) file and expect to be able to use the pattern option in Illustrator

1. A "PS iPad file"? Is that in the "Cloud Doc" format? Have you tried exporting it to .psd?
  2. "Use the pattern option..." Do you mean to use the image as the basis for a new pattern, or something else?

Pattern ption works if you bring same file in as a photofile

I'm not sure I know what a "photofile" is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Olivier27993262g5d5,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing some details, like whether Illustrator behaves this way with other files, details about your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's photofile? What format does it save in?

Pretty sure you can save as or export your PS iPad file to the same format.

Also, before "wasting" 2 hours, research if what you are doing is even possible, especially on an iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines