• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Illustrator's home screen, how can I show *just* .ai and .eps files?

Participant ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work a lot in illustrator, and export a lot of images. So it would really spead up and streamline my work flow if I could figure out how to get the home screen *NOT* to show the .jpg and .png images I just exported.

For example, with the current set-up, if I just exported 50 custom icon images, closed the file, and went on to another project, then need to make changes to the original .ai file, the home screen just shows all the images and not the file anymore, because it got bumped beyond the "fold" of the "recent files" display. Even though I've only opened 2 .ai files all day, I'll never see them if I've exported the images. I like the feature of seeing thumbnails for files I've recently worked on, but the extra thumbnails for the exported files are just clutttering up my workspace.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to say "don't show" .jpgs, jpegs, .pngs. .tiffs, and other non-illustrator files on the home screen. Is this possible now? Will it be possible in the future?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to vote here or any other similar requests on uservoice:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/432...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines