• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Blob Brush

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The KEEP SELECTED and the MERGE ONLY WITH SELECTION options will be turned OFF but elements will randomly merge. VERY frustrating. I use Illustrator instead of Photoshop for the purpose of keeping all the little strokes separate for easier manipulation, but half the time I find that the strokes are suddenly merged together even when I specifically keep that function turned off. Older versions of Illustrator never had this problem and I REALLY wish Adobe would fix this.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merge only with selection needs to be turned on if you don't want to merge.

Keeping it off means that everything will be merged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. But it doesn't explain why things will randomly merge whether that option is selected or not. I'm not the only one with this issue. My colleagues have had things merge as well. The problem only started after we started using the latest version of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you reset the preferences when updating?

Did you already reboot the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines