• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent results from PageItem bounds inside particular document

Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I was sent a file that seems to be producing incorrect dimensions for pageItems and I'm really curious if there's a known issue or what the root cause of this would be.

In the original document, the Transform dimensions for the pageItem are 76.6 x 75.2, but when querying the bounds (and I've tried all variations between geometric, visible, etc, all with the same results) through a script the result shows as 7.66 x 7.52 as if the numbers had been divided by 10:

ice_screenshot_20211215-093349.png

But if I copy and paste this into a new document and run the code again; same exact PageItem, same exact code, same reported Transform dimensions in the Properties panel as before; then I get the correct results of 76.6 x 75.2:

ice_screenshot_20211215-093420.png

I've doubled checked and the document units are each the same, points. Am I making some mistake here? I don't understand why I'd be getting the first result and frankly, why it's only this document. Is this a known issue or am I accidentally hitting some condition with the first document to produce this? It's very strange. The file is not mine and I'd have to ask before sharing but if any one thinks they could crack it or have any ideas for what's causing this, I'd be very grateful.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Sounds like the first document may have been created on a "large" artboard. The 10-1 dimension difference is what the large art board uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the first document may have been created on a "large" artboard. The 10-1 dimension difference is what the large art board uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Exactly what I need, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines