• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect colors in software preview (GPU)

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I found there has been a color gap between software preview and pictures it exported when I used my desktop. Colors is correct in exported png, but inside the software it isn't.

Here is a comparsion between my desktop and 2015 macbook pro with same file:

win10.png螢幕快照 2022-11-25 上午3.48.23.png

Desktop version software showed less saturated colors, when Macbook version software showed colors exactly the same as png.

It happened whether color is CMYK or RGB mode, and the same problem has been also on Photoshop and Indesign.

I read some discussion saying it was caused by GPU preview, but I can't solve the problem by turning to CPU preview or downgrading Photoshop version.

My desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3060 Ti / Windows 10 / Illustrator 27.0.1

My aptop: Macbook Pro 2015 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 + Intel Iris Graphics 6100 / OSX 10.14.3 / Illustrator 25.4.1

Hope someone can figure it out. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @pacpapapa,

Sorry to hear about the experience. Would you mind trying to re-calibrate your display by following these steps and checking if it helps:

1. Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
  2. Click DisplayMake sure you're using the recommended screen resolution for your display.
  3. Click the Advanced display settings link.
    AnubhavMajumder_0-1669404988442.png

Now click on the link for Display Adaptor properties.
    AnubhavMajumder_2-1669404988440.png

4. Click on the option for Color management
    AnubhavMajumder_4-1669404988443.png

5.  Go to the Advanced tab and ensure all profiles are set to the System Default (sRGB). Then, click on Calibrate Display.
    AnubhavMajumder_6-1669404988438.png
  6. The wizard will now walk you through the steps to access the on-screen display menu on your monitor to set specific color settings. Click Next to continue. 

- Adjust the gamma settings by moving the slider up or down until the small dots are barely visible.

AnubhavMajumder_8-1669404988439.png

Find the brightness controls on your monitor and adjust the brightness higher or lower until you can distinguish the shirt from the suit with the X barely visible.

AnubhavMajumder_10-1669404988441.png

Find the contrast controls on your monitor and set it as high as possible without losing the ability to see the wrinkles and buttons on the shirt.

AnubhavMajumder_12-1669404988446.png

- Move the Red, Green, and Blue sliders to remove any color cast from the Gray bars.

AnubhavMajumder_14-1669404988436.png

Note: You can optionally start the ClearType tuner at the end of this calibration to make text on-screen more legible.

After the calibration, kindly restart the computer and check if the colors are consistent with Windows on your Adobe apps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator doesn't embed a color profile in the exported PNG. This will prevent software from displaying it correctly. On top of that you are using Apple Preview to "test" the file, right? Preview cannot be trusted with anything and neither can Windows Image Viewer. It's better to use proper color managed software. But first you need to attach the correct color profile..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I think I don't explain well. The issue is that Adobe software cannot show right colors. Here I upload an example:

problem.jpg

The color green should be R205 G255 B0. However the screentshot shows that it's R212 G252 B48 in the software, when there isn't any difference in exported PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, please fix the bug

KHOR34730709e2uo_0-1704973238087.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the document color profiles here and check if they are the same?

profiles.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using the Photoshop beta. 

In addition to what Ton asked, beta software can always have errors as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines