• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infilate tool doesn't working "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object"

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, i had some issues with the infilate tool. To be more specific, when i use the pencil tool and i make a shape like a circle, and then i do Effect -> 3D and Mterials  -> Infilate, a notification pop and says "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object." after this another notification says "Applying another instance of this effect is not currently supported."

Anyone can help me?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the object and your appearance panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sasha28572674hs6i_0-1677411629465.png

That's it, sorry if it's in italian :,)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your color management set up to something else than "Emulate Illustrator "?

How much RAM is there? More than 8 GB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhm actually i don't know how much RAM i have on Illustrator but i have 16GB RAM on my pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO while 16 GB is not a lot for 3D stuff, it should definitely work.

But your object seems to be kind of large and also the fine stroke might cause issues.

So perhaps you can scale down the object and make the stroke a lot thicker. Does it then work?

ALso: what is set up in the color settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I used to make 3D modeling with other softwere and my pc was running them fine so idk...
What do you mean about the color settings? I mean its just a black line :,)
I will try to scale it down to see if it works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 GB of RAM just is a recommended minimum for Illustrator. Illustrator is not a dedicated 3D environment

Please post what is set up in Edit > Color settings. This is the color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i tryed first to make a smaller line and then i make as a group, and nothing change, so idk what's going on...
Btw this is the color management (it's in italian but I hope you'll understand).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there is your issue: Emulate Illustrator 6 does not work. You will need to turn on color management and set it up according to your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Sasha28572674hs6i,

Thank you for bringing this issue with the Infilate tool to our attention. We understand your concern and would like to assist you in resolving it.

As mentioned by Monika, the issue "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object" has been reported by several users who are working on Emulate Illustrator 6 color settings. However, we were unable to replicate the same error on our end.

In order to better understand the issue, we kindly request you share the file here or via DM with me so that we can further investigate it.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to your response.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what us the best settings for color management to enable 3D effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@chichidaaz30585337shqr  schrieb:

what us the best settings for color management to enable 3D effects?

It needs to be turned on.

Your individual settings should match your workflows. Color management can also be region specific. So it would be best to consult a color management expert or to learn how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines