• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instagram

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genuine question, is there a new sizing for Instagram pictures? For both, landscape and square? I've tried 1080 PX by 1080 PX and it still doesn't fit. It's too big. Even when I try landscape, I use the preferred size for landscape but also nothing. Can someone help?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show what you are doing and what doesn't work? If it's a photo, then maybe content aware scaling in Photoshop would work better than Illustrator scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a quote im trying to upload. I tried both 1080px by 1080px and 1350px and even landscape aspects but still to big or to wide. I found a way around it on the 1080 by 1350 artboard which was creating a square as you can see in the picture which makes it perfect for the Instagram post size. I genuinely dont understand why its to big and wide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your problem, sorry.

Is it a problem with the text flow? The artboard setup? The export? The quality of the export? I don't understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a problem with the size of the export. To my understanding, I thought the perfect size for Instagram was 1080px by 1080px but when I export it and try it, it crops it out and doesn't show everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything else is fine. Quality, export, etc. The only person is when I send it to my phone and try to add it to Instagram, it doesn't show everything because its to big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up the artboard at the desired size. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/artboards-basics.html

Export the image at 72 ppi in the desired file format. If you use Export for screens, export it at 1x

Use "Clip to artboard" if available in the Export function you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try and let you know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines