• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intermittent Drawing in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find a solution to Illustrator not working correctly when I "draw" using the paint brush and an external pen. I'm trying to trace over a photo (embedded) and the response is intermittent - some lines appear and no marks other times.  I do have the image zoomed in quite a bit and I wonder if that is related.   In  Photoshop, I can draw over a photo using the brush without an issue.  I'd use this option but I want a smoother line like Illustrator offers. What can I do besides learning Illustrator pen tool (which I'm working on and it works without any issues)?  I have a Lenovo tablet with an i5 processor and 8 GB RAM with no option to upgrade the RAM.  Thank you in advance for you help!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB of RAM is just the bare minimum (16 GB recommended). So infact the low level of RAM might cause this. Did you already close all other applications? Restart Illustrator, so that RAM is emptied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your insight.  Other applications were closed so I'll have to figure out another way to draw. I'm assuming an external pen tablet would still have issues because it's using the same computing power? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines