• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INTERSECTION OF COLOR MASK AND OTHER OBJECTS

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an application wherein we need to create an intersection of a region of color that is like a rainbow and several ovals and circles, such that the end product would consist only of the ovals and circles that have inhereted the color of region in the area of intersection of the various ovals and circles.  The colored region (color mask) would be gone, only impressing color on the ovals and circles.  I have been able to create the negative of what we need, but not its opposite.  I have attached a file with 2 layers; one with the ovals and circles and the other with the color mask (both currently on).  Any help out there?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  For some reason this forum will not let me attach the drawing file even though I have saved it as an AI 2020 format.  Any ideas on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wprobasco,

save your sample file as .pdf with Illustrator Editing Capabilities turned on. Then try to attach it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That seemed to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, let's try attaching the file this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all your ovals and make a compound path out of them (see Object menu). Then select all and create a clipping mask (see Object menu).

Is that what you are looking for? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt:

That is EXACTLY what I want!  It worked perfectly!  Thank you very much.  I would NEVER have figured that out!  Please send me your contact information so that I may reach out to you for future work (for pay).

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Bill.

I'd recommend to just visit this forum again if you have further questions. Most of the the time you will get helpful answers from many experienced Illustrator users. And normally the deal is for free since almost all contributors are pretty altruistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines