• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interwine, great feature but works occasionally

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried for hours to work with the Interwine feature. On my 16" Macbook Pro and only get the interwine feature to work occasionally. 90% of the time it does not do anything, even using the exercise document of the official Adobe Tutorial. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

What do you mean with  "activate lasso"?

You must not use the lasso from the tools panel.

You need to use the lasso that is active when you edit an Intertwine object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us in which respect exactly it does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select all objects. I go to Object > Interwine > Make.  Activate Lasso Tool and draw around the area where i want to create te interwine. at first it worked. Then, when i try again on a fresh document and i do exactly the same steps, it won't work anymore. I have tried the Adobe exercise document, with this document it never worked. Same steps as written above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with  "activate lasso"?

You must not use the lasso from the tools panel.

You need to use the lasso that is active when you edit an Intertwine object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now i get it. The reason why i grabbed to the Lasso Tool is because when you create an interwine on a certain area often you get out of the 'Interwine edit' mode. And to get the 'Interwine lasso' back you need to go back to 'Object > Interwine > Edit. Thank you for your reply. I did not realize that Interwine activated it's own kind of lasso tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. The instructions aren't clear. Also, if you create a selection and then undo it, you must go to Intertwine-Edit. Terrible instructions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines