• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe illustrator & Adobe Photoshop available on Android Tablets?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have bought an windows tablet samsung galaxy tab S7.. I thought that the app Adobe worked with my new tablet but i have discoveed that Photoshop Illustrator funciton only with ipad tablet. 

In the future something will change? PLease help me 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I am afraid Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop apps are not available on Android tablets and mobile devices as of now, as mentioned by @Doug A Roberts & @John Mensinger already. It is currently supported on macOS, iPadOS, and Windows only. However, I will pass on your feedback to our respective Product teams, and you can do that too by upvoting this similar request & sharing your comments here for Illustrator: (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/43780197-illustrator-for-android-tablets

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's an Android tablet rather than Windows, no?

There are no current public plans for an Android version. That's not to say there will never be, but don't hold your breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug is correct; the Galaxy Tab S7 does not run Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I am afraid Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop apps are not available on Android tablets and mobile devices as of now, as mentioned by @Doug A Roberts & @John Mensinger already. It is currently supported on macOS, iPadOS, and Windows only. However, I will pass on your feedback to our respective Product teams, and you can do that too by upvoting this similar request & sharing your comments here for Illustrator: (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/437... ). For Photoshop, you may share your feedback on the "Photoshop ecosystem" community page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/bd-p/photoshop). This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to these requests, and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

Let us know if you need any further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so is there a way to run the creative cloud through your web browser on your tablet ? or is it only possible if you are running windows 10 on said tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs to be installed on your own Windows or Mac computer - and not just any computer either, a high end powerful workstation with a good video card. These are high end tools. A Windows tablet isn't likely to be much use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I agree with @Test Screen Name. In addition to his comment, you may check out this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html) regarding the minimum system required to run creative cloud & individual apps and what operating system they support. I hope it helps.

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come adobe products aren't available on samsung? Are there plans to allow Android users to download and use this software? I'm a student and samsung is more affordable and practical for me, however I need adobe products for my uni work as it's industry standard and better in so many ways in comparison to other software's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still no (public) plans for an Android version. Even if there were, it probably wouldn't come before you'd finished studying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems a bit silly you can get it on anything but android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a way. You can pay and use a program like AWS to connect your laptop to your tablet and that run AI via laptops windows10.

But it requires a laptop with windows10 as well as money for the AWS services. It is really stinky and lousy that Adobe doesn't prioritise their android users as mush as their IOS users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was Adobe Draw and Adobe Sketch discontinued without any replacement app for Android Adobe CC customers?! Do we millions of customers who use Android and pay monthly for Adobe CC not matter to Adobe? Did Apple strike a deal with Adobe to kill these apps in an attempt to coherse us to buy iPads? If so, it stinks of unlawful market manipulation. Beware of class-action legal exposure. 

If photoshop is not available on Android and Sketch / Draw has been permanently discontinued then all us Android Adobe CC customers deserve a retroactive and prorated refund and a proportionally discounted price on future subscription prices. Since there appears to be no effort or even plan of effort to offer equal value to the large subclass of Adobe CC customers who do not use Apple products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?!? I've been using draw and sketch on Android for ages and now it's gone?! This is crazy! Furious from Manchester 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Community guidelines do not allow me to express my frustration adequately so kindly let us know when this will be available for Android.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Adobe for many years and have a creative cloud subscription. I am seriously considering canceling this. I just received a Samsung galaxy S7 fe and wanted to use my Adobe software on it. Nothing that I need or want is available. If I could afford an iPad I would just use procreate. This is ridiculous 😒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this is ridiculous. I am so tired of the Apple Bias. My Samsung tablet far out performs an IPad Pro and yet Adobe seems too lazy to support a very large chunk of their user base. Hopefully, more people will like this thread to show the need for Android support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree 👍 It feels like people who choose android devices are always left behind.

Samsung tablets are way better than apple and cist way less. It doesn't make sense that Adobe do not prioritise to android platform as much as the IOS. I jnow that there is ways around it if one has a laptop with windows10 available, but I don't understand why I need to pay AWS to redirect my windows10 from my laptop onto my tablet to use AI or Draw. Adobe should step up their game in the Android world ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is this still the case - Adobe applications will not work on Androids?

On Adobe's website I found the information below. Does this mean that Adobe apps will now work with Android devices, so long as they meet these requirements? 

Vania28640738qo4v_0-1677616380620.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq/mobileapps.html#:~:text=Tablets%20running%20Android%20OS%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page is only about mobile apps. If you have an app that is a mobile app, then this applies. But Photoshop and Illustrator are not mobile apps. The page mentions six of them including 

Adobe Capture
Adobe Comp
Adobe Illustrator Draw
Adobe Photoshop Fix
Adobe Photoshop Mix
Adobe Photoshop Sketch
Don't be fooled, these are cut down toy apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes pls add support for android devices. tbh i like how the adobe programms work on the ipad, but thats pretty much the only thing i like about my ipad pro. for me the overall ux on most samsung devices is just much more intuitive with less clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please make feature request at https://illustrator.uservoice.com

The developers don't read your comment here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines