• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is anyone even testing Adobe Illustrator before a new release?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using it on Windows on multiple screen, it's totally customary for a "New file" window to be spread over a size of 40 monitors and I need to drag and shrink and drag and shrink and drag and shrink... the window to reach all the edges of it.

The "Effects" menu ignores the zoom of the particular screen and apparently is always displayed in the zoom of the primary screen, but no other menu than "Effects" does that.

Because I did some programming of my own, I can't even think of a way how to mess it up like this... o_O

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bug reports to https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Yes, it is tested, but probably not on a configuration like yours with individual monitor settings on multiple screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced strange windows sizes in the past, usually resetting the preferences will help fiz that.

How to set preferences in Illustrator (adobe.com)

It could also be a High DPI device issue as describe in Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices - Microsoft Support

I assume you have a Windows machine. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @myyshag72405389,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing some more details like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator installed, System Configuration (CPU/GPU/Memory/Display Monitors used), Display Settings, and a screen recording of the problem so we can investigate this further?

Also, try double-clicking on the Title Bar for Illustrator to check if it automatically aligns with the current monitor to check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines