• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to use brushes made for Affinity in Illustrator?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use brushes made for Affinity in Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat.

Most of them are pixel based, so there is a pixel image. Get that pixel image out of Affinity Designer, import it into Illustrator and create a brush. I would assume, they are either pattern brushes or art brushes, so you choose and then make the brush.

The vector based brushes can be created as either art brushes based on shapes or as calligraphy brushes. In Illustrator it is not possible to change size based on drawing speed. But if you use Astute Graphics plugins, I think you can even do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only interested in SVG, and not willing to do any conversions at the moment.

How do you determine if the brush made for Affinity can be used as it is in Illustrator, without any conversions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't just use the brush. Brushes are saved differently in both applications, so if you want to use them, you need to take the base assets and re-create them.

Please show a brush that you would like to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I am not going to use Affinity brushes for now, if they are not compatible out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines