• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to relink the whole artboard to a different folder?

Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a complex set of rectangles on a layer and a set of images linked on a separate layer. I just created a new set of images that are in a new folder. The new images are arranged in the same order with identical aspect ratios. however, they have different file names. Is there a way to link the artboard pointing to the new folder such as doing a refresh? If there is, how does Illustrator change the file names?

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an unequivocal connection between the names of the files in the old group of images and in the new group? 

If so I would expect the task can be Scripted, otherwise I am doubtful. 

Are the images also being used on other Artboards? 

Maybe you could post meaningful screenshots to illustrate the situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably not exactly what you are looking for, but Illustrator variables (see Variables palette) in conjunction with linked files may be one way you could go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the link palette flyout >> relink to reestablish to new names. If you have many images, you can change the name of the folder the current links are n, so that links are broken reducing the amount of clicks, adn to eb prompted for reestablishing the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines