• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to use asset export to batch export maintaining artboard position for each asset?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to batch export selections as assets it exports PNG's only as large as the object would be at 72 dpi which is fine. However I need the object to be in same position it would be on the artboard. I'm trying to bring the assets into procreate for shading. I've exported into PS then into Procreate before, but a file this complex (350~ items) will crash procreate. Thanks in advance for any help.

redditpost.png

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably I'm a bit dense, but as per your description I do not understand what you are looking for in this case.

Can you elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my picture you can see that I have most of the paths on the artboard selected. I used the "Asset Export" tool to export all of the selected paths/compound paths/groups as PNG's. The only problem is, the assets are exported without a way to retain the items positioning on the artboard. I need to be able to export all of the selected paths/compound paths/groups quickly and basically rebuild the artwork in procreate. I can't rebuilding it by bringing in png's and having to arrange them manually on the artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would select all and use the option from the Layers panel > Release to Layers (Sequence).

Drag the resulting layers out of the enclosing layer (drag them above that layer).

Use a script to export the layers:

https://gist.github.com/TomByrne/7816376

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines