• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to edit or delete the post?

Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way to edit or delete the post?

Hosun

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Hosun,

Not in general, I am afraid.

You can ask a moderator to edit your post, or an Adobe Employee can delete it.

The ability to edit own posts requires a certain level of participation.

No one but Adobe Employees can delete posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hosun,

Not in general, I am afraid.

You can ask a moderator to edit your post, or an Adobe Employee can delete it.

The ability to edit own posts requires a certain level of participation.

No one but Adobe Employees can delete posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virginia,

A little elaboration: the restriction is owing to experience with spammers setting up new accounts and then editing spam back into their posts when removed by moderators, thereby undoing the moderation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely Adobe can do better than that.  There needs to be a way to edit your own posts, even if you cannot delete a post entirely.  Surely it could be done even if involved a process where Adobe emails you a code when you request permission to edit a post or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely Adobe can do better than that.  

By @JonD07

Nobody wants spam. And nobody wants threads made useless.

You do not have enough posts in order to be able to edit your posts. Just mention where you want something edited or deleted and moderation will see it and act appropriately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nobody wants spam ... which is why my post didn't just say "Surely Adobe can do better than that" but included a suggstion for a system which might be able to achieve the aim of avoiding spam while still letting users edit their posts without users first having to have reached some threshold number of posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @JonD07,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your valuable insights. I will surely pass on this feedback to the product team. Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Just how does one "ask a mod" to edit a post? I'm not seeing any direct to mod dm options or anything on here, and I'm certainly not pals with any! This seems like a very back-door sort of system, and unworthy of a forum this important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dead simple - just make a new post asking for an edit - a moderator will see the posts and edit both/contact you about what edit you want made OR if you've identified a moderator through their posts on the forum you're in, PM them directly with a link to the thread in question and what you want corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't "dead simple" at all I'm afraid. I mean it's easy enough, but not a normal or expected workflow for a forum like this. You shouldn't have to metaphorically stand in front of the crowd shouting "someone edit my post!" nor should mods have to look for such posts to deal with. But I do appreciate your tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is a user forum. if you want to make a suggestion to adobe, post in the community ideas sub forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your current status, you could be able to edit your posts. Just click the more link on the message and see if the edit option appears.

If not, it can't be long before you get that privilege. The current “breakthrough” status is unknown. In the meantime, just posting a follow-up message with asking for an edit will be enough. Forum moderators are all around.

The system is a trade-off between forum security and usability.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines