• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with the rotation tool when a path is selected

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to fix an issue. The tolerance of selecting the edges of a shape for example, or even the rotate tool that appears near a corner, they seem to be too close to eachother and intersect. The option doesn't appear until you're on the edge of the shape. I cannot seem to select the shape as the tolerance is too close to the shapes lines with a default 1px shape for example.

I've tried resetting preferences. And also re-installing the application multiple times to no success.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would turning off the bounding box in the View menu be an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned the bounding boxes off, however it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you want to rotate tiny objects with the Selection tool while bounding boxes are turned on. This can indeed be pretty fiddly.

As an alternative, you may use the genuine Rotate tool. Or the Free Transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug I'm pretty sure. I'm not new to the suite, and have run it on multiple computers previously, but haven't had issues like this. It doesn't matter what the size of the shape is, or even if I zoom in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a bug, but I'm not sure.

Perhaps you may provide a sample Illustrator file, so one may have a look and confirm your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Zak3364474954tr,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly share some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator and whether Illustrator behaves this way with all files, so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines