Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues saving files in Illustrator 2023

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I have only just updated to Illustrator 2023. We couldn't before due to a plugin we use not being compatible until yesterday. 

Since the update I am having trouble saving files. Particularly pdf, but not exclusive to that format. 

I get an error pop up stating the file is already open or in use by another application. It adds a tmp file to the same destination whihc I also can't delete as it says it's in use by another program. 

Anyone else experiencing this and have a possible solution?

Cheers

José

Screenshot 2023-02-01 093922.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

We had issues still when reverting back to the previous version. 

I had our IT guys look at it and turns out we had webroot antivirus interfering with it, we think. Removed it and now only using windows defender and seems to have sorted it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you save your files? Desktop, server, shared folder, cloud folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton, they're saved on a network drive mostly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator does not support saving files on a network drive, it may work or it may not. Try turning off saving in background in Preferences.

Or save on the desltop and copy later to the network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ton, but we have been doing this without issue for years. Until yesterday when we updated.

Also I can save a .ai but then if I want to save a .pdf copy it doesn't work. 

I will change that preference and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if it still works in the previous version (you can have multiple versions installed)? If so, you may want to contact Adobe support:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to save to a network and not a desktop or hard drive?

I am having the same issue today and I was about to lose my mind, cry or throw my computer into the street. 

It started with the same "file is already open" message. Then all my saves, whether they be illustrator files or eps files, are saving as tmp. Everything was working find last night, then this morning - poof!

- I am running windows 10, which updated last on Jan 29 (9 days ago)

- I am saving to a network and not on the desktop 

- I did notice my illustrator just updated so I uninstalled it and re-installed an older version, still having the issue. 
- when it's saving out it only gives me the option to save as illustrator 2020

- uninstalled older version, reinstalled latest update. 

It seems to be having issues with the fact that i'm trying to save to a network. So my duct tape work around is to save to my desktop then move to my network. A completely unecessary extra step in the process and 2 hours of my morning gone trying to trouble shoot. Abobe please get this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had issues still when reverting back to the previous version. 

I had our IT guys look at it and turns out we had webroot antivirus interfering with it, we think. Removed it and now only using windows defender and seems to have sorted it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines