Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged Lines in Illustrator with Bright Coloring

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jagged lines issue.jpg

The red facemask lines appear jagged in Illustrator and when saved as a JPG. I can't totally figure it out but it appears to be a coloring issue, a monitor resolution issue, or both. Does anyone have ideas? I have attached the file.

Jagged lines issue.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything I would not expect when exported at that resolution. Saving as an image will always show pixels.

Zoom in and you will see more. You can try to double the resolution to 144 ppi on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably due to visual effects that depend on the coloring.

Maybe you can point out where you are seeing this by highlighting those areas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jb92512009,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As pointed out by Ton and Monika, saving an image in a raster format such as JPEG will result in pixelation when zoomed in. You may try saving at a higher resolution to reduce it or saving in a raster format such as SVG to alleviate such issues.

Also, kindly check the exported image on a different device to see if the problem persists and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you save as an Illlustrator AI file, an EPS file, PDF, or SVG file, the vector lines will be preserved and will be smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines