Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

javascript jsxbin files with Illustrator

Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use jsxbin files installed on Illustrator CS4 Startup Scripts Folder?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have NOT been able to get exported binaries to work in AI… I thought they were just for PS & BR? AI will NOT let me navigate to one either just stays grayed out…

Edit… Just hacked the file extension down to just .jsx and all is fine well I never… Why did I not try that before… hum…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muppet Mark....

Just great....I love these small "great" tricks!!!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would expect that with the scripting guides stating you should use .jsxbin when exporting to binary… That the apps would be expecting this and the extension would be in the approved list or what ever it is… Probably just another oversight by the AI team… I would have thought the extension was important to how the file is handled but it looks not to be the case… Anyhows you have a possible solution…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines