• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Join Path

Guide ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Ai online tutorial. Join Path does not work for me. How to fix it?

Create with drawing tools

5   Join artwork together to combine paths [time 3.46]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. Nearly 2 hours I had been struggling with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry this has happened to you. I hope your experience with Illustrator gets better soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also working on APPr and Ae online tutorial. Because many people in the forum suggest the online tutorials. But I found project files are with older versions, my app is 2023v. Now a days even one year old files are archive versions because technology is rapidely changing.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I've joined a path using the tutorial and am now trying to animate it in Ae. However, Ae seems to be treating it not as a single path but overlapping parts of two lines and cutting/fading out my animation. Any help? Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 12.25.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know what you did, but it looks like the paths gign't get joined successfully. Maybe you can tell us what you did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the tutorial exactly. Drew a path, replicated it , selected corner anchor points, then obbject>path>join>average then join again. My path seems joined in the illustrator. PFA ss of Ai. The previous image attached is of Ae and how it's treating the path in preview mode.    
Any help would be greatly appreciated I've been at this for 5 days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I would suggest you ask over in the After Effects forum. The issue could be related to how After effects works with this.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/ct-p/ct-after-effects?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've done that. No real responses so far and I'm crunched for time. But thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MahaB82A 

Thank you for opening the topic.

The problem with this tutorial is unfortunately well known. I had already passed it on to the Illustrator team two years ago, but then lost track of it.

I will forward it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the sake of completeness:

Hi Jacob,

@Turq98BC is totally right. The file is wrong!

There are two identical arcs exactly one above the other - nested in several groups. Furthermore the start and and end point of the arc are not exactly horizontally aligned.

Not the best template for beginners! And IMHO I would use the Join Tool instead of the menu command: Join

By @pixxxelschubser

--> jump to quoted post

from this thread:

Join Paths Not Working (It Keeps Selecting an Anchor Point in Middle of Line as Endpoint)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just forwarded the problem with the faulty file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this always come as a copy? Even opening the new file. Is it intentionlly done or nature of the issue?

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial file has been created in a faulty manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines