• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpeg to ai conversion

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a jpeg file for a box template. The company wants it as an illustrator file. I don't know how to use AI.. if I drag it onto the program. And save it as an AI is that all I have to do? I looks like it is showing the image at 9 percent.  When it is exported the file thumbnail looks like it's zoomed in at 100 percent. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all they want is an Illustrator file, then yes, you drag the JPEG into the file and then save.

But most probably they meant that they need a vector file. In that case it's not enough. You need to vectorize that JPEG. What is it? A logo? A photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for a box design. The image I give will make a template to be cut and printed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. So it's the dieline?

Don't use a JPEG as a base artwork for this. It's just not precise enough.

This needs to be drawn. And it best needs to be drawn by a packaging engineer in a CAD software suitable for this.

Of course you could place the JPEG in an AI document and then use rectangles and lines to manually trace the artwork, but unless that JPEG has exact dimensions in it, you just can't draw it precisely enough.

And even then, this would need to be adjusted by the production company afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines