Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG100 in "export for screen" with wrong ICC-Profile - CMYK instead of RGB

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
I often export my artboards via "export for screens" as I think it's nice to export many artboards in many different file types at once.
But for some reason only the JPG100 exports have the wrong ICC-profile - and I don't have a clue where to change this preset.
My file is a normal RGB-file with the "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" profile assigned.
If I open my "export for screens"-panel and go to the settings for the JPG100 there is this checkbox at the bottom "Embed ICC profile" with a CMYK-profile listed, which I can not change. All other JPG-versions like JPG80 or JPG50 have the normal sRGB-profile instead.
Does anyone know, where I can change, what Illustrator shows me on the checkmark for the ICC-profile setting?
Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a report on Uservoice for that issue. It hasn't been commented by the engineers yet. Which version are you using?

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45550534-export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Monika,
I was using the newest version: 27.2...

I've just updated to this version 2 days ago and as it came to my attention for the first time then, I just assumed (thanks to your question) that this bug didn't occure in the version before. Hence I just "downgraded" my version (the bug was indeed gone then) and then upgraded again. And who would have guessed: that did the trick! I have my sRGB-profile next to my checkmark back again!
Let's see if this bug will occure again!
But again: thanks for your reply! It helped me a lot to fgure out this workaround for now. 🙂

Unfortunately it seems Adobe hasn't provide a bugfix for it yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines