Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[JS] dashed stroke - alignment ?

Community Expert ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum,

who knows, which command is needed to align a dashed stroke like this with JS - AI CS4+ 

(not the command for creating a dashed stroke and also not the way with graphic style and app.doScript and also not shpage AdjustDashes)

DashedLine_AI.png

grateful for any help

pixxxelschubser

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

I think that's one of the many things not accessible to scripting in Illustrator. You might get something by playing around with strokeDashOffset but no guarantees.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's one of the many things not accessible to scripting in Illustrator. You might get something by playing around with strokeDashOffset but no guarantees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree, I don't think we have such command...one more thing, Align Dashes debuted in CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have suspected it, it's a shame.

@Larry,

there is no way (easy to work with different widths and heights).

CarlosCanto,

I wanted to mark your post as helpful, but I do not find the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks pixxxel, no problem, I think the helpful button is a casualty of the last jive "upgrade"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was working on the problem or reading this property (I don't need to write it, so my job is easier). I've written an ExtendScript function that takes a pathItem as input and returns true is the stroke dashes are aligned. See this question.

Also, just pondering a bit... it might be conceivable (assuming you're okay with the hacky mischief I used in my function) that you could instantiate a model pathItem from a file or library asset that *already had the property turned on*, and then modify from the inside-out, to match your actual target object exactly (one that doesn't have the dashes aligning). This would only work if the target path item didn't use anything else that the API can't access. Just a crazy idea.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines