• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just updated to AI 27.2. Crashing without warning every 5-10 minutes.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out why AI keeps crashing every 5-10 minutes. I've updated to the latest version (27.2) and have checked my computer's specs all of which seem to be enough to run the program. (Asus laptop running Windows 10 Pro; 16 GB ram; files all stored on an external H/D). I was wondering if I needed a new laptop but mine doesn't seem to be that out of date. Not finding anyone else with this issue. Working on a 46 mb file - not as big as I often work with. I've changed the auto save to every minute but it's completely disrupting the workflow as I'm now waiting for it to crash and still having to backtrack when I re-open. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Hello @Studio Vasel@tfoody,

Sorry to hear about the crash. Are you using a Wacom tablet? If yes, kindly try reverting to an older version of the driver (v6.3.46-2) and then relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps.

If the issue persists, kindly try the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and share your observations.

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Yesterday I was advised by adobe support to revert to the Aug 2022 driver for my wacom tablet. I was running 6.4.1-3 and had already reverted to 6.4.1-2 (which did not fix the crashes). Reverting to 6.3.46-2 has worked for an hour yesterday and a couple hours today. Fingers crossed. Hopefully, knowing the specific wacom driver to revert to will help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. not sure why, but I thought it might have to do with the Wacom driver update I downloaded. Sucks that Adobe can't properly QA. I also found that manual saving often, while tedious, does seem to stop the crashing for a bit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Studio Vasel@tfoody,

Sorry to hear about the crash. Are you using a Wacom tablet? If yes, kindly try reverting to an older version of the driver (v6.3.46-2) and then relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps.

If the issue persists, kindly try the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and share your observations.

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday I was advised by adobe support to revert to the Aug 2022 driver for my wacom tablet. I was running 6.4.1-3 and had already reverted to 6.4.1-2 (which did not fix the crashes). Reverting to 6.3.46-2 has worked for an hour yesterday and a couple hours today. Fingers crossed. Hopefully, knowing the specific wacom driver to revert to will help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines