• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for changing Blend steps?

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have downloaded the keyboard shortcuts, but don't see one for adjusting the number of "specified steps" in a Blend. Don't know if there is one and if there is , would it be the same for other dialog boxes?

Thanks,

John

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is none.

Select the blend, double click the blend tool to get to the steps input quickly.

Could be an idea to have it in the Properties panel.

Make a feature request. Please post feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I was just playing around the different keystrokes and found the solution. Option + Up Arrow and Option + Down Arrow.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I'm curious as to the exact conditions under which you see this behavior. I had interpreted your question to mean that you wanted to select the blend object, press a key command, and immediately be able to adjust the number of steps; however, the only way I know of that comes close to your Opt. +⭡and Opt. + ⭣ is to open the Blend Options window and click in the numeric field. In that case, the up and down arrows (without the Option key) will adjust the number of steps up or down by one. Hold down the Shift key, press the appropriate arrow, and the value will jump to the next multiple of 10 in the appropriate direction. There is similar behavior in other numeric fields, such as stroke weight or type size, where holding down the ⌘ key will cause a change of .1 pt. Otherwise, there is no keyboard shortcut to get you there.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Yes, I had already created a blend of 2 differently weighted lines. Then went to Blend Options and highlighted the blend number of steps. Don't know if I needed the Option + up/down or not. I'm guessing from your reply that just the up/down arrow keys would work. Definitely thanks for the additional information. I was following a Spoon Graphics video on recreating Vintage Text like the old Sanborn Maps and the speaker was visually adjusting the steps for the blend, which for me is a lot easier than guessing the steps desired.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines